All adults could be subject to abuse but some due to illness, disability, mental illness, learning disability, or frailty are less able to protect themselves and can be seen as ‘vulnerable’. North Tyneside CCG is committed to protecting these vulnerable members of the community. Following Care Quality Commission guidelines for safeguarding adults, we also:
- Ensure that all our staff are safe to work with vulnerable adults by carrying out Criminal Records Bureau checks.
- Developed a policy on Safeguarding Adults which aims to provide relevant training for all staff working with vulnerable adults, enabling them to respond appropriately and provide support if they have any concerns that a vulnerable adult is being abused.
- Are committed to working closely with the police, social services and community health staff to prevent abuse and to respond to possible situations of abuse to support the vulnerable adult and keep them safe.
Safeguarding Adult Reviews (SARs) process NT SAR.
The latest North Tyneside SAR report has now been published and placed on the local authority safeguarding Adults website.
If you have a concern about an adult please contact North Tyneside Adults Social Care:
- Adult Social Care for referral/advice contact: 0191 6432777
- Out of Hours contact: 03303337475